South Bronx United (SBU) was one of several Bronx organizations that participated in CityYear’s BeFitBx event in the Norwood section of the Bronx about a month ago. The event served to raise awareness to Bronx residents, especially youth, about the importance of maintaining an active and healthy lifestyle. As an organization dedicated to empowering the lives of young people through sport, health and awareness, CityYear’s event was appropriate for SBU, its staff and members. In addition to an information table, SBU put on a soccer clinic for elementary school children. Thanks to U17 Sonics players Kafoumba Doumbia, Reindorf Kyei, Francisco Mendoza, Sheick Wattara and Mingoro Fanny for their help with the event and clinic.
- South Bronx United receives 2018 Urban Soccer Symposium Impact Award from U.S. Soccer Foundation
- New York Bar Foundation presents South Bronx United with grant for Global Youth League
- SBU Alumnus Update: Gnim Bazim
- One Evening, One Huge Impact: The SBU 7th Annual Benefit
- Moving and Passing: Soccer, Poetry, and Social Justice collide
TopicsAlumni Annual Benefit Art bronx Character Development City Showcase Tournament college College Prep College Soccer Community Diversity Education Education program Events fundraising Health Health and wellness Immigrants Internships Leadership Literacy literacy day Media My story new york city New York City FC Reading Recreational program SBU Academy SBU Journalism Club SBU Press SBU Supporters Club Scholar Athletes scholarship soccer south bronx south bronx united Staff summer Summer Soccer Scholars supporters Tournament Travel program Youth Council youth development